Saturday, October 2, 2010

Question 2 internet ad

















I found this on some website. I know I see these multiple times daily, even though I put an ad blocker on my browser. I've been going on the internet since I was a child and I know not to click on something that looks like this. It just looks so shady. I didn't click on the link, but I can guess what would happen if you did. Imagine it leads you to a bunch of surveys which require you to reveal very personal information. In the small print it even says "Participation required. See site. Must complete 13 offers." These maybe be very true statements, but for all I know I'll do 13 offers and receive no ipad and have my personal information in the hands of a scammer. I just think about the math involved. An ipad is worth about 500 dollars, but with my information your company will send my one for free? This sounds like a steal. Yeah right it's stealing from me, my information that could require my credit card number to float around the internet charging me thousands of dollars for an ipad I probably won't receive.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree with you that this ad sound like a major scam. In today society, where people can have such a convenient at their finger tips with the internet, there are also some dangerous scams that try to steal other people money. The words "free ipad" does sound very appealing, consider that all someone have to do is to just fill out 13 survey questions. However, these surveys might ask you to buy some product to test something and as for your credit card number. Someone who fill out these surveys can easily end up with identity theft on your account and thousand of dollars charge on your credit card. Of course that ad are made to make the products sound appealing to the consumers. However, we as consumers should also use our judgement on what to believe and if something sound too good to be true.

    ReplyDelete